Friday, February 16, 2007
Web 2.0 Expo : an gathering of technical, design, marketing, and business professionals who are building the next generation web.
Web 2.0 Expo is an annual gathering of technical, design, marketing, and business professionals who are building the next generation web. Web 2.0 Expo features the most innovative and successful Internet industry figures and companies providing attendees with examples of business models, development paradigms, and design strategies to enable mainstream businesses and new arrivals to the Web 2.0 world to take advantage of this new generation of services and opportunities. The Web 2.0 Expo is co-presented by CMP Technology and O'Reilly Media.
The Web continues to be an engine of economic growth, fueled by a host of new business models, development models, and design patterns that collectively fall under the umbrella of Web 2.0, a term coined at the birth of the Web 2.0 Conference, a joint venture between O’Reilly Media and CMP Technology.
To meet the increasing demand for Web 2.0 comprehension and skills, and to build a broader Web 2.0 community, O'Reilly Media and CMP Technology have launched the first Web 2.0 Expo on April 15-18, 2007 at Moscone West in San Francisco. Web 2.0 Expo, a companion event to the Web 2.0 Conference (recently renamed Web 2.0 Summit), is the first conference and tradeshow for the rapidly growing ranks of designers and developers, product managers, entrepreneurs, VCs, marketers, and business strategists who are embracing the opportunities created by Web 2.0 technologies.
The program will spotlight experts, leaders, and under-the-radar innovations, and in the spirit of Web 2.0, there will be ample opportunity for attendees to connect, contribute, and collaborate. Web 2.0 Expo will be a place for creativity, engineering, and innovation, focusing on four conversations:
* Education: a vetted, cohesive conference program to maximize the sharing of knowledge and expertise around creating the next generation web
* Tradeshow: a traditional tradeshow floor introducing builders of the Web to providers of tools, technology, services and infrastructure
* Networking: a meeting ground fostering face-to-face business development for entrepreneurs, VCs, partnerships and recruitment
* Launch Pad: a platform for notable companies to debut
Conference Tracks will Include:
* Web 2.0 Fundamentals
* Web 2.0 Services & Platforms
* Marketing & Community
* Design & User Experience
* Strategy & Business Models
* Products & Services