Thursday, March 1, 2007
international consortium of 3G CDMA wireless systems around the world.
The CDMA Development Group (CDG), founded in December 1993, is an international consortium of companies who have joined together to lead the adoption and evolution of 3G CDMA wireless systems around the world.
The CDG is comprised of CDMA service providers and manufacturers, application developers and content providers. By working together, the members help to ensure interoperability among systems, while expediting the availability of 3G CDMA technology to consumers.
The CDG and its members work together to:
* Accelerate the definition of requirements for new CDMA features, services and applications
* Promote industry and public awareness of CDMA capabilities and developments through marketing and public relations activities
* Foster collaboration and the development of consensus among carriers on critical issues to provide direction and leadership for the industry
* Define the evolution path for current and next-generation CDMA systems
* Establish strategic relationships with government ministries, regulatory bodies, and worldwide standards and industry organizations to promote cooperation and consensus on issues facing the CDMA community
* Serve as the worldwide resource for CDMA-related information
* Minimize the time-to-market of new CDMA-based products and services
* Enable global compatibility and interoperability among CDMA systems worldwide
* Create global economies of scale to make CDMA the preferred choice of operators and end users