Friday, March 2, 2007
a location that offers Free Wi-Fi high speed wireless internet access to the general public.
A Wi-Fi-FreeSpot™ is a location that offers Free Wi-Fi high speed wireless internet access to their customers and guests and/or the general public.
Whether you're a local resident or a business or vacation traveler just passing by, The Wi-Fi-FreeSpot™ Directory will help you find all types of Free Wi-Fi locations that are open to the general public, customers or guests.
few things to keep in mind about some Free Wi-Fi high speed internet access locations.
* It is an open unsecured connection. Use a VPN - virtual private network, like Jiwire's SpotLock - for extra protection.
* The signal may not always be on or be strong.
* In fact, it may be from another location. Try to make sure you are accessing the right network signal for the location you're at (although that may not always be possible if you don't know the network name/SSID).
* Don't expect to get any support help from the staff. Some may not even know it exists.
* Don't expect to find many plugs. Make sure your battery is charged or bring a spare.
* Some locations will not allow outgoing e-mail to be sent via their SMTP server. Use a web based e-mail account if you need to send e-mail while in this type of free location.
* It's Free!